Future Students

International Students

Students who want a student visa


International students who want to get a student visa must be admitted to a degree or certificate program. They should work directly with the admissions and international students offices at the member school that is offering the degree they want.

Students who do not need a student visa, but have college credit from another country

Many colleges and universities require international students to supply a transcript that has been translated into English and compared with the U.S. educational system.  For information about how to do this, please visit Educational Credential Evaluators www.ece.org or World Education Services www.wes.org

After you have received this transcript evaluation, the University Center’s pre-admission advisor can help you determine which degree programs might help you reach your educational goal.  Click on “Getting Started” for more information.

Students who want English as a Second Language (ESL) courses

The College of Lake County offers ESL courses, some of which meet in University Center classrooms.  For more information, see http://www.clcillinois.edu/adulted/esl.

Cool ESL sites were collected by the staff and students of The Tutorium in Intensive English at the University of Illinois at Chicago.