Distance Learning Classroom Assistant (part-time)
The Distance Learning (DL) Classroom Assistant provides support for the instructor in managing the technology and audio/visual systems needed for multi-site DL classes. The DL Assistant will be present throughout the class,
monitoring the setup to ensure quality video and audio between sites. He/she will be using a touchscreen or laptop-based system designed to manage the UCLC Tandberg videoconference system and, to the extent possible, the related systems at other sites.
Description of Duties:
1. With the instructor, establish a plan for effective use of the videoconferencing model for a particular class.
2. Establish the audio and video connections required to connect multi-site classes.
3. Troubleshoot lost or low quality connections.
4. Assist instructor by adjusting cameras and audio inputs.
5. Assist instructor by switching sources as needed. Sources include the instructor camera, student camera, computer screen, and document camera.
6. Enable group participation in web-conferences during breakout sessions.
7. In the failure of the videoconference model, support alternative solutions such as web-conferencing or teleconferencing, with assistance from peers at other locations.
8. Perform other duties as needed.
Qualified candidates, able to work within the schedule defined above, should submit both a resume and a cover letter, in MS Word or PDF format to email@example.com.
Faculty Curriculum Vita Bank
While the University Center itself does NOT hire any faculty, we are sometimes asked by our member institutions to assist them in identifying local candidates for adjunct teaching opportunities in Lake County. To that end, we have established a Faculty Curriculum Vita Bank and are soliciting curriculum vitae from experienced college and university instructors. If you are interested in teaching in programs offered through the University Center, please send a cover letter identifying the courses and/or subject areas you would like to teach and a copy of your curriculum vita. Current letters of recommendation or teaching evaluations would also be welcome. Our member institutions have indicated a preference for candidates with doctoral degrees and a minimum expectation of a graduate degree. We prefer to receive your material by email to allow ready forwarding to member institutions.
To add your credentials to the Faculty Curriculum Vita Bank, send information to:
Hilary Ward Schnadt
Associate Dean for Academic Services & Programs
University Center of Lake County Faculty Bank
1200 University Center Drive
Grayslake, IL 60030
Fax: (847) 665-4111
Please note that a submission to this Faculty Curriculum Vita Bank constitutes a declaration that you are willing to be considered for future openings but does not constitute application for any specific opening. Electronic submissions are encouraged to expedite ready forwarding to member institutions.