Current Students

Student Services

Academic and Student Support Services

The University Center of Lake County and our member universities offer numerous academic and student support services to our students. Some of those services are provided by University Center staff, while others are provided by the member universities. Follow the links below to find out more about these areas. If you have a question about a particular service and don’t see it listed, if you would like to make an appointment for pre-admission advising, or if you would like to give us feedback about the programs offered, please feel free to Contact Us.

Advising Services


Pre-Admissions Advising is available by appointment at the University Center administrative locations as well as by phone. Please call (847) 665-4014 to arrange for an appointment to discuss your program options or submit the electronic form on the Contact Us page to request an advising appointment.

Academic Program Advising is provided by the institution sponsoring the program in which you are enrolled. Call the program contact listed in the program profile.

Student Advisory Council

The University Center of Lake County Student Advisory Council (SAC) is composed of one student representative from each of the member universities. The SAC provides feedback to member universities and sends one student representative to the University Center Governing Board. SAC representatives must be enrolled students in good standing at the universities whose student bodies they represent. For more information, call Hilary Ward Schnadt at (847) 665-4004.

Transcripts and Records


The University Center of Lake County is not a degree-granting institution and therefore does not hold student records. Student transcripts and records are maintained by the member university in which the student is enrolled. All requests for official transcripts and records must go through that university.

On-Campus Technical Support

Printing/copying capability is available in the Student Services area and the library of the Grayslake facility. The Grayslake Center has wireless Internet access available in the Atrium and in Conference Center.

Proctor Services

For the convenience of our students, University Center can serve as proctor for the administration of exams, under guidance of the student’s instructor and institution.  There is a proctor’s fee of $10 per hour which may be paid in cash or check (made payable to the University Center of Lake County) before taking the exam.  Please note that the fee is calculated based on the length of time the faculty have allocated for taking the exam, not on the length of time an individual student spends taking the test. 


The library is located at the Grayslake campus in Room 301. Computer access, printers and copiers and reference materials are available. Click here to visit the library website.


Some students struggle to establish affordable childcare plans that will enable them to return to school.  The YWCA of Lake County’s Childcare Assistance Programs (CCAP) administers State funds that can subsidize childcare for low-income families enrolled in post-secondary education.  Visit their website for details about eligibility of services.

The College of Lake County has a Children’s Learning Center in both Grayslake and Waukegan.  Visit their website for information about hours and fees.